The 61st Annual VNSA Book Sale will take place on February 11 & 12, 2017 in the Exhibit Hall of the Arizona State Fairgrounds located at 1826 West McDowell Road in Phoenix, Arizona.
Effective 2017: Arizona State Fairgrounds procedure for those who wish to line-up early for entrance on Saturday, February 11, 2017:
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 8 am till 6 pm
- Sunday, February 12, 2017 from 8 am till 4 pm
VNSA Used Book Sale shoppers may line-up outside the Exhibit Hall Building beginning at 12:00 Noon on Friday, February 10, 2017. On Saturday morning, no line jumping is permitted. A single individual may not save a place for a group.
If you wish to avoid the wait, watch our Facebook updates on Saturday. The early morning line is traditionally clear by Noon or shortly after on Saturday. The morning line on Sunday is traditionally able to have everyone enter the building.
Please read the following policies carefully.
- For information on payment options, please see Book Sale FAQ's.
- For everyone’s safety, we require shoppers to WALK at all times while in the building.
- No weapons permitted. For safety, shoppers may be subject to search before entering the building.
- Closed water bottles only; no other food or drink permitted in the shopping areas of the building.
- Electronic scanners are permitted but books may not be scooped up and removed from tables.
- To assure that everyone has access to the books, unattended boxes and carts will be resorted and restocked.
- As in the past, we will have separate areas for Rare and Unusual books and for Sets. Items will be paid for at checkout tables in these areas.
- All books leaving Rare and Unusual, Sets and Text areas will be considered sold.
When entering Rare & Unusual, Sets or Text, customers must leave all carts,wheeled containers and backpacks outside the category. There will be space available for this purpose.
- This year we will also have a separate checkout in the Text area.
- There are two options when purchasing texts:
- 1. Shoppers may purchase the textbooks at the Text Checkout Tables and store them in the Text Holding Area, or
- 2. Shoppers wishing to add textbooks to their large purchase items may have their textbooks moved to the Large Purchase Area in the Wesley Bolin Building.
Those who cannot abide by these policies will be asked to leave the book sale at once.If you have specific questions or need information before then please do not hesitate to write us at email@example.com
VNSA is proud to make used books available to the general public at very reasonable prices while raising significant amounts of money for charities in Maricopa County. Last year's sale offered in the range of 500,000 books, DVDs, CDs, video tapes, jigsaw puzzles, maps, and other book-related items. Most mass market paperbacks are $1.50. The 2014 sale attracted more than 15,000 shoppers and enabled VNSA to raise approximately $350,000, the net proceeds of which are donated to local charities.